Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Winter Days


Our power has been restored after having been off for a while on this lovely winter day, and I'm enjoying being indoors while watching the gently falling snow.

Such a happy, cozy atmosphere. Beautiful instrumental music playing softly in the background, while the girls are both curled up with a book that they're reading for their school assignments. Buddy is working his way through all the many puzzles he can handle, for the third time today. Anything under 100 pieces he will do, lining them all up on the living room floor when he has them completed. Right now the floor is basically covered in puzzles.

Sailor has gone next door to check on our elderly neighbor, like he does every day. He'll be back in an hour or so with some more stories that he has been told from by-gone days.

There are times when I wish I could slow time in order to savor each moment longer. Today is one of those days.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. I could see the puzzled floor with your little one, the curled up daughters, and smell the fresh, cold air when your son came home from visiting the neighbor. ...and the SNOW! We mustn't forget the SNOW! I think snow helps to slow things down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this! How lovely and peaceful your days sound. It is such a lovely contrast to the humid heat here right now, I don't like summer that much here, England was just right for me! Beautiful snow picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.